Hotel Parq Central is nestled in a historic neighborhood at the gateway to downtown Albuquerque. The Santa Fe Railroad constructed the building in 1926 as a hospital for its employees. As the railroad brought more people to Albuquerque the surrounding neighborhood, known as Huning Highland and Highland Park, flourished. Today our property is on the National Register of Historic Places and the neighborhood is a National Historic District.
We’ve meticulously restored the Italianate structure as a hotel, offering contemporary comfort and superior personalized service. And the city’s hottest new gathering place, Apothecary Lounge our breathtaking rooftop bar, is just upstairs.
For trips further afield — to Santa Fe and other central New Mexico destinations — hop on the Railrunner at the Downtown train depot. Our Guest Service Agents are happy to advise you on train schedules, local attractions, and special events and to make restaurant reservations for you.
HOTEL PARQ CENTRAL IS MINUTES AWAY FROM:
- Old Town – Enjoy the historical plaza experience complete with unique shopping, art galleries and traditional New Mexican cuisine.
- Downtown – Great shopping and dining during the day and a hopping nightlife with a diverse music and bar scene at night.
- EDo Neighborhood - Short for East Downtown and walking distance from the hotel, you can find casual and fine dining jewels amid the revitalization of Albuquerque.
- Nob Hill – Celebrate the history and evolution of Route 66 when you visit Albuquerque’s hipster district with fabulous restaurants and trendy boutique shops.
- Museums – Albuquerque Museum of Art & History, Explora!, NM Museum of Natural History and Science, Rattlesnake Museum, National Hispanic Cultural Center
Hospitals - Presbyterian Hospital, the Heart Hospital of New Mexico and Lovelace Medical Center are just moments away. Carrie Tingley Children’s Hospital and the University of New Mexico Hospital are easily accessible.
- Albuquerque Convention Center – More than a meeting place, you can also attend special events and performances by local and national entertainers.
- University of New Mexico – Home to higher education and Popejoy Hall, the campus is a great place to take a stroll or go see a show.
- Albuquerque Bio Park – The Rio Grande Zoo, Aquarium and Botanical Gardens exhibit plant and animal life and offer concerts and events in the summer months.
- Albuquerque International SunPort – Just moments away from your next connecting flight.